The outbreak of the corona virus is not yet over that another infection has raised the concern of health agencies. This infection is a bacterium called salmonella. In the US, the infection has reached 400 people in 34 states, while in Canada, more than 50 people have been hospitalized. The health agency Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued an alert regarding this.
In fact, there have been hundreds of cases of infection of salmonella bacteria from red and yellow onions in America. More than 400 people have been infected with this bacteria in 34 states here. The CDC has issued guidelines not to eat onions supplied by Thomson International Company. Those who already have these onions in their homes or have cooked them, have appealed to throw them away.
According to a CNN report, there have also been cases of Salmonella bacterial infection in Canada. 60 people got hospitalized due to being infected with this bacteria. There is a skepticism among onions about the spread of onions.
The American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) states that salmonella infection is basically linked to red onion in 34 US states. According to the CDC, there were initial case reports between June 19 and July 11. After this, cases of infection increased. However, according to the news, supplier agency Thomson International has recalled red, white, yellow and sweet onions.
Understand whether an infection has occurred with these symptoms
- According to the CDC, several types of symptoms are seen when an infection of this bacteria occurs:
- The infected have symptoms such as diarrhea, fever, and abdominal pain.
- Symptoms may appear within 6 hours to 6 days after infection.
- Salmonella bacterial infection can reach the intestines when severe.
- Infections are mostly affected in children older than five years or in the elderly over 65 years.