If you have not yet linked your PAN card with Aadhaar, then you must complete this necessary process. Today we will tell you how you can link Aadhaar with PAN card.
Linking of Aadhaar with a PAN card is mandatory in the country. This is an important process because through this you can process your income tax return. Apart from this, it is also necessary to link your PAN with Aadhaar for banking transactions of Rs 50,000 and above. The process of linking PAN and Aadhaar is extremely easy. Tell you which steps you need to follow to link PAN to Aadhaar. Know everything.
You can link Aadhaar with PAN in two ways:
- The first way to link PAN-Aadhaar through income tax e-filing website
- By sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161
- Method of linking PAN-Aadhaar by filling the form
Steps to link PAN and Aadhaar through income tax e-filing website
- First, go to the website of Income Tax India e-filing
- Click Link Aadhar in the left sidebar menu
- Enter the name, PAN number, and Aadhaar number given in the Aadhaar card
- If only the birth year mentions on the Aadhaar card, tick the square
- Now enter captcha code (Visually challenged users can use the below OTP option instead of image captcha code. OTP will be sent to their registered mobile number.)
- Now click on the Link Aadhaar button
How to link PAN to Aadhaar by sending SMS
- Type UIDPAN on your phone, followed by a 12-digit Aadhaar Card number and then a 10-digit PAN card number.
- Now send the message mentioned in step 1 to 567678 or 56161
Method of linking PAN-Aadhaar by filling the form
You can also manually link PAN to Aadhaar by going to NSDL PAN Service Provider. To complete this process, necessary documents have to be submitted along with the form.
How to Check the status of PAN-Aadhaar Link
- Go to the official website of the Income Tax Department
- Click on Link Aadhaar
- Click on the Click Here link Link Aadhar Status
- Now enter your Aadhaar and PAN card number
- Click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’
Apart from this, you can also check the status of Aadhar card and PAN link through SMS. You will need to send an SMS in the format given below to the number 567678 or 56161.
First of all write UIDPAN, after entering the 12 digit Aadhaar number and then the 10 digit PAN number