If you want to know how to delete Spotify account Permanently 2020, then you are in the right place. But before starting the process to delete your account, here are the most important things you need to know.
If you are a Spotify Premium subscriber then you must cancel your Spotify subscription before closing your account.
When you cancel your Spotify account, it automatically changes to a free account that you can use at no extra charge. You can access all of the same music, playlists, and friend connections with advertisements.
Important: If you have signed up for Spotify with a student discount, and you delete the account, you cannot reply until one year has passed. You will have to wait a full year until you can apply for that discount again.
If you’ve been thinking that you don’t want to use Spotify anymore, you can delete your account – but you can only do this in an Internet browser, not through an app.
Here’s how to close your Spotify account.
Table of Contents
How to delete a Spotify account Permanently 2020
If you realy want to delete your Spotify account, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- Navigate to Contact Support.
- Click “Account”
- Select “I want to close my account.”
- Make sure you really want to permanently close your account, then click the black “Close Account” button or simply want to cancel your paid subscription and have a free account, then click the white “Keep Free Account” button.
- When you select “Keep Free Account“, then further steps are changed.
- Click “Close Account“
- Verify that you are signed in to the correct account that you want to delete. Click the blue “Continue” button.
- This step becomes important, if multiple people use your computer, then make sure that you do not delete the account of a friend or family member.
- Read the explanation, Spotify will warn you that you will lose your Username, playlists, and followers. Check the box to confirm that you understand the consequences of doing so, and click the blue “Continue” button.
- Click “Continue” again on the Next page. Spotify will send a confirmation email to your email address with which you signed up, To confirm that you really want to delete the account.
- Go to Your mail inbox and open the email you receive from Spotify, Select the final “Close My Account” option.
- When you see the “All done!” message, it means that your account has been successfully deleted.
Here is a video that you can learn by watching, how to delete Spotify account.
What to do if you want to reactivate your deleted Spotify account?
The Spotify account removal process is quite lengthy, as it is an irreversible process, so Spotify would like to give you a chance to reconsider the decision before closing your account. They give you a 7-day reconsideration period.
After your account is closed, Spotify sends a confirmation email, and that email includes a reactivation link.
Seven days after deleting your Spotify account, this link expires and you will lose the option to recover your account. You won’t be able to recover your account.
You can always create a new Spotify account using the same email address with a different username.
FAQ – frequently asked questions
- How do I delete my free Spotify account 2020?
By following the steps given above, you can permanently delete Spotify Free Account or you can visit Spotify contact form and pick Account. To delete a premium account, you also have to cancel the subscription.
- How to delete your spotify account on mobile 2020?
If you want to delete a Spotify account on mobile, open the web browser (Chrome, Firefox)on your mobile and go to Spotify.com. Then follow the steps above.
Recent Post For You
- ‘Controversial’ Mitron App, a TikTok Clone, Is Back on Google Play
- What is Computer Hardware
- What is Computer Networking
- What is ROM (Read Only Memory)? | Types of ROM
- How to edit PDF in Google Docs / Google Drive
- How to Activate Google Chrome Full-Screen Mode 2020