How to prevent fraud on your debit card? In the last few years, the practice of plastic cards has increased significantly. Especially since demonetization, the trend of debit/credit cards and digital wallets has increased manifold.
Link Given Below
The government is also promoting digital payments. In January this year, more than one lakh crore transactions were done with the help of plastic cards. With its increasing use, the incidence of fraud has also increased considerably.
Regardless of whether you are transacting online or from a POS (point of sale) terminal, you can make the transaction of a debit card secure by keeping a few things in mind.
We are telling you the main things related to the security of debit cards.
- While withdrawing money from ATM, watch the machine and the people/things around it carefully. If you find anything unnatural, then you should not withdraw cash from that ATM.
- Use only those ATM machines or POS terminals that you find reliable. Whenever you are doing a transaction, enter your PIN number hidden.
- If possible, take fraud insurance on the debit card. If there is fraud on your card due to insurance, then you will not have to bear the loss.
- Shop only through online websites that are safe. This type of website starts with https: //. With this, the photo of the first locked lock is made in it.
- If the website does not save your card number and other information, then only purchase from it. If a website saves the details of your card and if it is hacked by someone, then the information about your debit card will also reach the hacker.
- You must register your mobile number and email id in your bank.
- You will get a message and email on withdrawal of your debit card or on any purchase. Check your bank statement regularly.
- If there is any such transaction in your account that you have not done, contact the bank immediately about that.
- If you complain about any illegal transaction with the bank and if there is no action there, then you can also complain to the banking regulator Reserve Bank.